Sunday, June 14, 2009

In Other News

The basement project is not the only thing happening in our lives (though I think Jameson spends most of his spare time thinking about it). The baby starting kicking hard enough to feel it from the outside last Sunday. I love being about to feel the baby move around throughout the day and it's great for Jameson to be able to feel the movement now.

My last day of school for the year was Friday, June 5. My last week was filled with some emotion as some students that I've had in class for two years will be moving to the high school next year. It's been enjoyable to watch them grow over the last two years and I will miss them next year. Hopefully I will be able to keep in touch with some of them to see where their futures lead them. Thankfully, it wasn't the very end of my teaching career. I'm planning to start teaching next year until the baby comes (6 weeks). Then I will be staying home with our precious boy/girl and am looking foward to being able to stay home with our children. I worked Monday and Tuesday at school to finish grades and clean my classroom. Wednesday and Thursday were my two days of summer vacation until middle of July. I enjoyed some time to relax and time to get house work done and mow the yard.

Tomorrow I'm starting a 5 week 'externship' at an local architecture firm. It's a new program through the Iowa Math and Science Coalition to get teachers 'real-world' experiance through a summer internship that they can bring back and use in their classroom. While I would love to start my summer break now, I'm thankful that I have the opportunity to make some money (to help with the basement projects) and gain a unique experiance during my last summer without child-rearing responsibilities.

No comments:

A Year in Review

A Year in Review
Wedding (Dec. 23)

Honeymoon- San Deigo

Graduation from UNI (May)

Katie & Andy's Wedding (June)

Colorado Vacation (August)

Jordan, Joy, Timothy, and Arie came to visit (September)

Granger Grandkids at Christmas