GRUNDY COUNTY FAIR
The Grundy County fair was the last week in July. The girls and I went Wednesday morning while they had good energy / interest and looked at all the animals ant then enjoyed some Watermelon from the Watermelon feed.
Thursday night we went as a family along with Gayle, Allison, and Abigail for the sweet corn feed, sheep showing and tractor pull.
Alice took this picture of Anna and I.
Tractor Pull.
I failed to warn Alice about what would be happing and she was very scared, both by the noise and the crashes. After we finally got her to stop screaming and crying, Jameson spent the remainder of the night covering her ears.
Jameson and I both found the demolitions entertaining but were reminded that little ones need proper warning and explanation of new things. We stayed for the fireworks, which got quite late and cold for the girls, but was a great show as always.
GO CYCLONES!
Sept. 1 we went as a family to the Iowa State home opener football game. This was the first ISU event for both Alice and Anna and they did quite well.
CHURCH FAMILY FUN
Sept. 3 was our church's annual Labor Day picnic. Here are a few pictures from that.
Gayle took the kids on a 'treasure hunt'.
Alice playing ring around the rosie with some of her best friends-
Henry, Allison, Penelope, Marjorie, and Abigail.
FENCE POSTS = HARD WORK!
Jameson has been working on fencing around the back lot. The lot was not square so he had to cut out a bunch of cement along the south side to square the lot up. Chris, a farmer friend from church, came a couple times with his skid loader to help move brush, move concrete, and dig post holes. We are very thankful for his help!!! Jameson has the posts on the west side of the lot done. There is a lot more work to be done before winter to get ready for animals in the spring. I have tried to help but have learned that there is little I can do to help with this job, unfortunately.
No comments:
Post a Comment