Jameson had Apple Walnut Flappers (pancakes made w/ yeast). They were good but were way to much food and too sweet.
I ordered an Omelet which was stuffed w/ cream cheese, which made it rich and VERY tasty! The bread was also obviously homemade and quite tasty, though we were to full from the flappers to enjoy it.
After breakfast we headed to the Como Park Zoo and arrived just as it was opening.
Polar Bear
Fish
Seal
Posing on a Giraffe
Zebras
Monkeys
Gorilla
Flamingo
We had lunch in the zoo (hamburger, hot dog, and fries) and then headed to the Botanical Gardens. I was getting quite tired by then so we walked through fairly quickly. I think we found the Bonsi Trees the most amazing.
After looking at the gardens, we left Como Park and headed to our hotel. This gave Alice a chance to nap in the car for awhile. After checking in at the hotel we went swimming for awhile. Alice hadn't been swimming at a pool since last summer when my mom and I took her a couple times, so Jameson and I enjoyed getting to swim with her. We had the pool to ourselves and the water wasn't to cold, so Alice seemed to enjoy it, though she definitely wanted to hang on close to mom or dad.
We ate supper at 'The Tin Fish' an outdoor restaurant on a lake. We forgot to take pictures of our food, but Jameson order the Fried Catfish dinner which came with waffle fries and coleslaw and I ordered the mini-tin sandwich (three pieces of cod on a bun). It was all very tasty, though the catfish was the best!
Outdoor seating at 'The Tin Fish'
After eating supper, we walked down the path that goes around the lake to a park. Alice had a wonderful time playing!
Alice had fun with the cart.
Saturday we had a late lunch at 'The Nook', another small restaurant which is known for tasty burgers, homemade fries, and homemade buns made by a bakery just down the street.
Alice enjoyed her 'big girl' cup and straw!
Jameson ordered the 'Juicy Nookie', a cheese stuffed hamburger.
I ordered the 'Lodge Burger', a burger w/ BLT, smoked cheddar cheese, and chipotle mayo. It was SUPER tasty!!!
After lunch we headed out of town. We stopped at an Amish Furniture store just south of the cities and then continued the rest of the way home, arriving home about 8. Even though it was just 2 days, it was a wonderful vacation and great last getaway before we become a family of 4 in just 4 more weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment