Monday, July 19, 2010

June

This is the first time (June 8) that I found Alice sitting up in her crib.

The second weekend in June my parents, Uncle Paul and Aunt Carol, and cousin Christine and her friend Jess came to visit. Saturday Paul, my dad, and Jameson installed 9 new windows on our main floor (all except our living room picture window). It went well and they look great! Again, we are thankful for help from our wonderful family.

Grandma enjoying some playtime with Alice.

Alice successfully making her first few crawls!

Jameson getting Alice to crawl by motivating her with the laptop.

Jameson congratulating Alice for her new achievement :)


Alice learned to pull herself up to standing next to the couch, ottoman, and coffee table. Here she is standing by the couch.

This is the first time I found her standing in her crib when I went to get her after nap time. I found it absolutely adorable and was so proud of my big girl! She also became quite fond of her new skill and (unfortunately) now practices it almost every time I put her in her crib- not so cute when she is supposed to be going down for a nap or to sleep for the night.

When I am in the kitchen, Alice loves to crawl over to the piano bench and pull herself up. After standing up she then looks up at me and waits for me to open the lid and turn the piano on. She then proceeds to reach /move over to the keyboard and press down on the keys- so cute! She also still loves to sit on my lap or next to me in her highchair and play with me.

After putting Alice to bed, Jameson, Jenessa, and I have been enjoying the beautiful evenings by throwing frisbee until dark (and sometimes a little past dark until we decide we really can't see it anymore)

No comments:

A Year in Review

A Year in Review
Wedding (Dec. 23)

Honeymoon- San Deigo

Graduation from UNI (May)

Katie & Andy's Wedding (June)

Colorado Vacation (August)

Jordan, Joy, Timothy, and Arie came to visit (September)

Granger Grandkids at Christmas