Monday, May 3, 2010

April #2

April 16/17 my parents, brother, and cousin Elizabeth came to visit and helped us get most of our house painted. We sure appreciated all the help!!!




Alice joined in the fun outside!

Here's the finished look. We still have to decide on a trim color and paint the trim, but we really like the color we chose for the house.

We also spent time playing with Alice.

Here's a super precious picture that Elizabeth took of Alice.

What a productive weekend. Thanks again to my family for visiting and working!!!



Alice updates:

Alice is sleeping through the night and has her first two teeth! I haven't got a good picture of her teeth yet, but I'll post one when I do. Both of these notable events happened the week she turned 6 months old (that should make it easy for me to remember years from now if asked). When we went to the doctor for her 6 month check-up the next week we found out she had her first ear infection. Fortunately it was caught at the beginning and after a few fussy days/nights she was back to her normal, cheerful self and sleeping through the night again.

She is now sitting very independently.

Alice likes to play with strings, ropes, etc. Since these things no longer come on baby toys, she spent a long time playing with my shoe.

Alice loves to 'help me' when I go through the mail. She loves crinkling paper, especially the envelopes that have windows. Here she is crinkling part of an envelope.



Other Updates:
Jameson has finished his MBA classes for the spring- HOORAY!!! He is now 2/3 of the way done and at this time next year he should be done! This summer he only has to take 1 week long class in Davenport, which will work out wonderfully b/c we'll spend the week at my parents and I'll get good, quality (& quantity) with them.

Now that he's done w/ classes, Jameson has started playing Ultimate Frisbee with the Waterloo Ultimate Frisbee Team. He played in college and is looking forward to getting in better shape and doing something he enjoys in the evenings (instead of going to night class). When the weather is fit Alice and I will go and watch and spend time playing outside.

I'm still teaching 2-5 year old Sunday School (thanks to Jameson who takes Alice to adult sunday school with him). I really enjoy teaching as I find that anytime I teach something I learn new things myself. I think that part of the reason I love teaching so much! I've also been working with two homeschool students on geometry this year. That is wrapping up but I've really enjoyed doing that this school year and plan to again next year.

I have been enjoying getting outside to enjoy the beautiful weather when I can. I've taken some nice walks w/ my friends Cindy and Rose and their girls. Here's a picture of Alice and I on the swing at the park where we had lunch one day.


Here is Alice playing with her friend Lily.


Well, that's all for now. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the udates. I always enjoy reading your blog and seeing all the fun pictures.

A Year in Review

A Year in Review
Wedding (Dec. 23)

Honeymoon- San Deigo

Graduation from UNI (May)

Katie & Andy's Wedding (June)

Colorado Vacation (August)

Jordan, Joy, Timothy, and Arie came to visit (September)

Granger Grandkids at Christmas